Bethel Youth Lacrosse
The following equipment is required for those boys playing at the U9 level and above.
1. NOCSAE-approved helmet. No hockey helmets.
2. Lacrosse Shoulder Pads
3. Lacrosse Arm Pads
4. Lacrosse Gloves
5. Lacrosse Rib Pads - recommended for attack and midfield
6. Protective Cup
10. Shorts and Practice Jerseys
11. Lacrosse stick
1. U9 sticks must be from 37"-42" long
2. U11 and U13 attack/midfield sticks must be 40"-42" long
3. U11 defenseman sticks must be from 43"-60" long
4. U13 defenseman sticks must be no longer than the tip of the player's nose.
The crosse (lacrosse stick) is made of wood, laminated wood, or synthetic material, with a shaped net pocket at the end. A girl's crosse must be an overall length of 35 1/2 - 43 1/4 inches. The head of the crosse must be seven to nine inches wide. The pocket of the stick must be strung traditionally; no mesh is allowed. The top of the ball when dropped in the pocket must remain even with or above the side walls. The goalkeeper's crosse may be 35 1/2 - 48 inches long. The head of the crosse may be mesh and up to 12 inches wide.
The Mouthpiece: All players must wear mouthguards.
Eye Protection: All players must wear eye protection.
The Goalkeeper's Equipment:
The goalkeeper must wear a face mask and helmet with a mouth guard, throat protector and chest protector. The goalkeeper may wear padding on hands, arms, legs, shoulders and chest which does not excessively increase the size of those body parts.